Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Who I'm Listening To: The Jinxes

Having three posts in a row about Jonathan Taylor Thomas was starting to creep even me out, so I thought I'd divert the path of this blog back to territory that's a little more respectable: music. Specifically, The Jinxes, which is an up-and-coming folk pop singer/songwriter duo based out of Monterey, CA. I first heard about these guys on Twitter, when I got a notification they were following my tweets. I'm not sure how they found my profile, but I'm glad they did. They're pretty good! The soothing melodies and guitar riffs are very similar to those of The Weepies, which makes them a good go-to when you're looking for something a little more mellow.

As of right now, The Jinxes only have two songs, "Migration" and (my personal favorite) "If You Want (the buh bah song)." I think they have the potential to have a pretty solid music career, and I look forward to seeing new things from them in the future. For now, though, you can catch them on Twitter, Facebook, and here.

P.S. Does talking about a musical duo that's so new it doesn't even have an album out yet make me a hipster? 

2 comments: