Friday, October 23, 2009

A "Real" Blog

So I decided to try out a "real" blog, and by that I mean a blog in which I talk about what's going on in my life, make observations, etc. Don't worry, your girl is still keeping up with the Steve Perry blog (I'm having way too much fun to get rid of it); I'm just adding a new blog to the mix. For awhile, I refused to start a "real" blog, the main reason being I kept old-school journals, and didn't feel like people on the internet needed to know my bidness. I also took pride in the fact that I played my cards fairly close to my chest and liked to think I was giving off a mysterious vibe by not relaying everything that was going on in my life.

But then Steve Perry changed all of that. Or rather, the ridiculous blog I made about Steve Perry changed all of that. Blogging turned out to be more fun than I bargained for, and allowed me to connect with people outside of my social circle who happened to stumble upon my little spot on the web. The notion of an interactive journal was appealing, and I thought it would be a nice way to let my friends know what's been going on with me. (My family, however, is still hella old-school and doesn't really use the internet for much more than email.) Plus, I figured I was kidding myself with the whole mysterious vibe thing and was probably coming off as crazy guarded and mildly anti-social.

So there you have it. Bada bing, bada boom, I now have a second blog. While I will talk about what's going on with me, there are a few things you can NOT expect to see:

1. Crazy emo entries. I still have the old-school journals for that. I'm striving to make this blog upbeat and funny and not one that will make you want to slash your wrists after you get done reading it. Plus, there are some things I still want to keep to myself. So breathe a sigh of relief; you will not log on to find me throwing myself a pity party. Nor will I go on tirades. Or get overly sappy and sentimental.

2. That's What She Said jokes. Well, not a lot anyway. I can't say there won't be any because I do have the sense of humor of a thirteen year-old pubescent boy, but the main point of the blog isn't to share a bunch of TWSS gems. Maybe a few though.

Honestly, I thought I had more points than that, but those two pretty much cover it. Whatever, check back and shit, and I hope you don't leave feeling too bored.

That's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment