Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bridal Designer Love

I'm not one of those girls who dreams about her hypothetical future wedding. At least, I don't consider myself one of those girls. I equate it to staring into a baker's shop when you're on a diet: it's something I can't have (yet), so to dwell on it is just torture and mildly depressing. But yesterday Ali introduced me to a bridal designer that got me at least thinking about the outfit I'd like to rock when I do eventually walk down the aisle. That designer is Eugenia Couture.

WOW. Wow wow wow wow wow. As I was looking at picture after picture of bridal gowns, I was enthralled and immediately fell in love. Aside from being sexy and feminine, Eugenia Couture gowns employ just enough of a unique twist that sets them apart, rather it be an unexpected pleat or a surprising embellishment. I LOVE that, so I have decided that when I get married, I'm getting married in a Eugenia Couture gown. In fact, I know just the one:


The deciding factor, aside from the gorgeous shape and bead work? It would make the boobs look hot. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I can't really hide my rack, so I might as well flaunt it a little. I love this gown so much that I want to purchase it, like, now, so that when I do get engaged it will be already be in my closet, ready and waiting. (Bonus: the only bridal shop that sells Eugenia Couture gowns is in Miami. Can you say road trip? Although I imagine when it comes time for me to wedding dress shop for real, I'd probably have to class it up and not turn it into a weekend of drunken debauchery. Oh well, a girl can dream, right?)

Now no outfit, bridal or otherwise, would be complete without a sweet pair of kicks, am I right or am I right? So I have decided to incorporate the "something blue" tradition into my shoes (side note: I kind of hate that tradition, but if it will give me an excuse to shoe shop, I am all for it) and purchase a pair of blue heels to wear with my dress, not unlike the Manolo Blahniks Carrie donned in the Sex and the City movie:

Now all I need is a ring...and a guy to give it to me (that's what she said).

No comments:

Post a Comment